What is EffecTV?
EffecTV is a real-time video effector. You can watch TV or video through amazing effectors.
... new effect
- Linux box. We checked EffecTV runs on Intel architecture(IA-32) and
PlayStation2, but you could try on any architecture.
- Video capture device supported by Video for Linux.
- Software requirements are in Download Section.
- EffecTV runs on ARM-Linux, a Turkish engineer reported. (2006/8/16)
Ali Utku Selen, a Turkish engineer, reported that he succeeded to run
EffecTV on an ARM based board.
"(snipped) everything works on a Intel (XScale) PXA
270 arm processor with arm-linux 2.4.20 and gcc 3.3.2" he reported.
Besides he proposed "In fact I believe you should replace architecture
requirements from first page with "Try and See" :)".
- a bug fix patch released. (2006/2/16)
Please download a bug fix patch for the latest release effectv-0.3.11.
This patch fixes a memory problem of TimeDistortion.
- version 0.3.11 has been released. (2006/2/14)
- Oops, download links were wrong, now fixed. (2005/2/20)
The links to the latest EffecTV source packages were wrong. Now they have
been updated correctly.
- Jarrell's EffecTV experiments (2005/2/16)
Jarrell Pair released many
video clips of experiments
with EffecTV. If you have not seen EffecTV live visuals, those movies help
you to understand what is EffecTV. Thank you Jarrell!
- version 0.3.10 has been released. (2005/2/14)
- This year Piksel workshop at Bergen, Norway, Oct. 30 - Nov. 7. (2004/10/24)
Piksel is a yearly event for artists and
developers working with Free Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) for
realtime processing of video and sound. It will take place at
BEK - the Bergen Centre for Electronic Art,
in Bergen, Norway from October 30. to November 7. 2004.
During this event many developers of open source realtime video processing
softwares gather and have much talks, discussions, and performances.
Kentaro Fukuchi will talk for an open workshop of EffecTV.
- Tutorial in Portuguese is now available. (2004/7/15)
Alessandro de Oliveira Faria wrote a
tutorial in Portuguese. Besides, we added Documents / Articles section to links page. If you know any online documents about EffecTV, please let us know and we will add a link to introduce them.
- EffecTV video clips by SUb_Multimedia are now available! (2004/1/20)
Two "promotion video clips" made by SUb_Multimedia in 2002 are now available at Gallery. Enjoy them!!
- version 0.3.9 has been released. (2004/1/13)
- New effects: MatrixTV,
PUPTV and ChameleonTV.
- API of effect module has been simplified.
- The supported version of vloopback has been changed from 0.90 to 0.91.
Older version is no longer supported.
- EffecTV can be launched from any effect you want. Put an effect name after
the command name ("effectv") or option(s). It's case-insensitive, and a
trailing "TV" can be omitted.
- Some new features have been added to
RadioacTV and SparkTV.
- PuzzleTV's block sliding effect becomes smooth.
- Many bug fixes.
- RIS in Tokyo autumn 2003 (2003/10/17)
EffecTV installation presented by RIS
at CPF STUDIO(Aoyama,Tokyo) in 16 - 19 Nov.
See the web page for the details.
- Installation at ASAGIRI JAM 2003 (2003/9/29)
We had demonstrated EffecTV at ASAGIRI JAM 2003 at Asagiri-kougen, Mt. Fuji. We installed a bigger screen than
one in Metamorphose, nearby the main stage. People enjoyed amazing realtime
visual effect with beat from the stage. Especially, during Chemical Brothers'
DJing, many people danced in front of the screen.
- Installation at Metamorphose 2003 (2003/8/24)
We had demonstrated EffecTV at Metamorphose 2003 at Mt. Fuji, one of the biggest
rave party features electric music in Japan. This installation was a part of
RIS, a project for Japanese visual artists
to collaborate on visual art and technological field.
EffecTV development page is hosted by